28 Mar 2014

An introduction and feeling sorry for myself

Hello everyone. My name is Anna and welcome to my blog. I am writing this sitting on a bed in a London suburb, which is not really my "natural habitat". Usually I live in a village in Switzerland but because of a gap year I've decided to throw myself into an adventure and switch the calm village for the big city.
So far I can say that it is a huge step out of my comfort zone. Much bigger than I originally expected it to be. The idea of going to London for three months to do an internship always sounded so glamourous and exciting but I've now been here for just about a week and, to be honest, most of the time I just feel scared and lonely. The absolute boredom I am enduring at my internship is also not helping at making me feel better. And yes, I know, it has only been a week and I need to give things time. At least that's what everyone (including me) is saying. Just give me this moment to feel sorry for myself.
But this is actually not what this is about and I don't plan on being miserable for the next eleven weeks and count the days to my flight home (although I have to admit that I, in a weak moment, istalled a countdown on my phone. Now it's 78 days, 16 hours and 10 minutes). That's why I'm finishing this post now and go on a mission to find some people to be my friends. Also, here's a quote (thanks intagram) because it is just too perfect for this moment to ignore it and also, finishing a blog post with a quote makes me feel smart. 
So here you go: 

"Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have."
- Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment