5 Jul 2014

My Summer Bucket List


It’s summer and I can’t say that I’ve made the most of it so far. As always, I have loads of ideas (nothing exciting, just your general summer stuff. Most of it involves food) but so far I just haven’t managed to drag myself up (from the sofa/bed?) and actually do something.
In my head, making a list of all the things I want to do in the next two months and put it on the Internet sounded like a good idea. So here we go:

Summer Brunch 
 I see fresh berries, milkshakes, waffles and definitely a nice little summer drink. I have saved endless recipes and ideas on Bloglovin’ and can’t wait to get a few friends around a table for a lazy morning filled with nice food.
How good do these Mango & Apple Daiquiris from Top with Cinnamon look?

  Enjoy Camping
 I don’t like camping. But I’m going to the Gurten Festival in less than two weeks and for the first year I’ll be camping on site. I can already see a lot of advantages of having a bed right next to the festival (like not having to get up that bloody hill every day) but at the same time, my comfort-loving self has its doubts. But I want to enjoy the whole thing as much as possible and just try and be relaxed about it. I will let you know how that goes. 

Make a road trip playlist  
I’m going to Ireland with three of my best friends at the end of July. We haven’t made any concrete plans but we are definitely going to rent a car in order to be able to explore on our own. So I thought it would be a nice idea to put a little playlist together to listen to in the car. I already have some songs in my head that I know will HAVE to be on it (there’s definitely going to be a little bit George Ezra, Saint Raymond, Mighty Oaks…) Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Swim in the river  
From where I live it takes about five minutes to get to the river. If you take 10 minutes you get to a point where you can enjoy a good half hour just chilling (literally) and letting yourself flow down the stream. When you get out, it’s again just five minutes to my doorstep. So what’s my excuse for not taking a plunge on every single warm evening? There’s no excuse. Honestly, I should be ashamed for not making the most of the location. I’ll try harder, I promise.

Make ice cream  
Last summer we bought an ice cream machine and used it once. ONCE! It’s a crime, I know. But now I already have all the ingredients and will start the ice cream making tomorrow. Matcha frozen yogurt anyone?

Go stargazing  
Not much to say about that one. Get a blanket, maybe a small snack and drink and go for it. Counting shooting stars is not optional.

(Go on a beach holiday)  
This one is still very vague but I haven’t been on a proper beach holiday for a while and at some point during spring this idea just came into my head and has been stuck there ever since. I really hope it’s going to happen at the start of September when the Mediterranean Sea is nice and warm and the prices are relatively low. Plus, I will need a new motivation to go work during August, as it’s a lot easier to get the hours done when you have something to save up for.

I will let you know how I get on with these. What are your plans for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment